Pelangi Estate is a stunning complex of luxury rental villas in Ubud, Bali which was newly-built in 2011 as a private-gated property of three separate houses with two spring-water swimming pools gracing a lushly landscaped acre of riverside terraced land. Consisting of a four-bedroom main house Villa Pelangi (plus sleeping loft), the two-bedroom Java Guest House (with two extra sleeping places), and the one-bedroom Bhutan Cottage, each of the three houses is spacious and well-appointed with private open-air bathrooms and views of the picturesque Wos river gorge with its attendant rice terraces and birdsong-filled jungle.
Offering the utmost in privacy and peace, it is conveniently located just a 15-minute drive (or a 40-minute walk) from the centre of Ubud, Bali's culture and arts community, made famous by the popular book/movie 'Eat, Pray, Love'. Ubud is also the craftsmen's capital of Bali, and Singakerta village is home to a few families of very talented woodcarvers. Adventures abound in the surrounding area with whitewater rafting, hiking, bird watching, inner-tubing in the river and trekking in the rice fields. World class restaurants, art galleries, spas and shopping are all nearby.
Led by the charming Ibu Raty and Pak Wira, the residential managers, the property is fully staffed by a delightful Balinese team ready to cater to guests' every whim, including the extremely knowledgeable English-speaking driver Pak Nyoman. The staff, the design and its Balinese jungle setting overlooking a pristine and tranquil river, palm trees and rice fields, make it an ideal location for wellness retreats, yoga, detoxing escapes, or simply family holidays.
Rates and Availability
7-bedroom accommodation (entire estate) (sleeps 17)
5 January - 30 June;
1 September - 23 December;
1 July - 31 August;
25 March - 2 April 2016 (Easter Week)
24 December - 4 January;
++ Rates are subject to 8% service charge and thereafter 10% VAT (government tax)
Book and check in before the and enjoy a 20% discount.
Simply fill the form and ask for the best available rates.
Rates inclusive of:
- Accommodation for 17 persons (2 persons per bedroom). Extra person surcharge is USD 40++ / per day (subject to 18% tax and service charge). Maximum occupancy of whole Pelangi Estate is 21 (2 extra beds in Aqua bedroom and 2 extra beds in sleeping loft)
- All bedrooms are air-conditioned with ceiling fans (except the sleeping loft of the master Pelangi Suite)
- Welcome drinks, fruits and chilled towels
- Security gate with closed-circuit video
- Estate staff: villa supervisor, maids, gardeners, engineering, pool cleaner, night time security
- Complimentary Wi-Fi Internet throughout the property
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Two naturally-designed saltwater swimming pools
- Several outdoor yoga decks
- iPod docks in every bedroom and two six-speakers sound systems: one in the living room and one in the master bedroom
- Entertainment lounge with flat screen 42" TV, satellite TV channels and DVD player
- Complimentary drinking water, coffee and tea facilities
- Bathroom gels, amenities, towels and linen
- Daily housekeeping
- Complimentary cell phone for free local phone calls
- Free daily shuttle service around Ubud in six-seater villa car, one time return per house per day (pick up and drop off)
- One baby cot and one baby high chair (extra cribs and high chairs available at extra charge)
- One time complimentary return airport transfer or hotel pick up or drop off (with a minimum seven nights stay, and only if reservation is made directly with us). Extra airport transfers are USD 35 each car (4 people and luggage, or 7 people without luggage).
Services available at extra cost:
- Extra person surcharge (more than two persons per bedroom) is USD 40++ / per day (subject to 18% tax and service charge)
- Laundry service
- In-house spa-trained masseuse
- Villa Chef (meals chargeable either by menu or with 25% from groceries shopping bill)
- Car with English-speaking driver for daily use is USD 55 for 8 hours, including petrol, around Ubud and neighboring areas (maximum Sanur, Seminyak, Canggu, Kintamani, Ubud, Bedugul, Candi Dasa, Padang Bai, Gianyar). USD 10 petrol surcharge for more distant drives to Nusa Dua, Tabanan, Singaraja, Lovina, Menjangan, Amed and more further within 8 hours time. Extra hours is USD 10 per hour including petrol.
- Old-school VW Safari convertible available for self-drive for USD 50++ / day, plus petrol
- Private yoga classes
- Guided trips, excursions and admission tickets
- Party catering: Balinese feast and traditional dance performance with gamelan orchestra may be ordered in-house for a reasonable fee
- Wedding services
- For the catering needs you're welcome to choose between self-catering accommodation; or order delicious and healthy meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner by menu (ordered in advance) and staff will deliver and serve in premises of each house: approximately USD 3-15 per meal; or hire our professional chef to cater your every whim based on your personal dietary preferences (USD 45 per day for groups of maximum 10 people, and USD 75 per day for groups of 10-21 people for one chef and one cook). Breakfast time starts at 7 AM, and dinner serving time finish at 8 PM. Late service after 8 PM and till 11 PM will be charged as USD 48 / day for 2 staff and 1 cook late hours or USD 24 / day for 2 housekeeping staff only.
Retreats and events handling in the Pelangi estate
The estate is situated in the traditional Balinese village of Singakerta, a district of Ubud, the spiritual, cultural and artistic centre of Bali, and is ideal for small, luxury-oriented yoga groups that may rent one to seven opulent bedrooms – enough to accommodate up to 20 guests overnight – and large indoor and outdoor areas designed for yoga exercise. The Estate is ideal for weddings, parties and events.
The layout of the main house lends itself well to detox and wellness retreats; the main kitchen is large and completely equipped for juicing and raw/organic food preparation, and the atmosphere is serene and contemplative, just what is needed for relaxation and rejuvenation.
A meditation tower with a panoramic rice field views crowns the house and is perfect for intimate meditation and ceremonial gatherings. The spiritual history of the property is steeped in the Hindu traditions of honouring Nature Spirits and the Ancestors. The large, ancient banyan tree on the riverbank below the house is considered sacred by the village and offerings are made every day to the family of benevolent guardian spirits who inhabit it, one of whom is purportedly a 700 year old High Priest (Pedanda) of the local temple holy spring (Candi), which is an unlisted archaeological site just 100 metres up the river.
Professional landscaping on several sloping levels creates a lush tropical paradise with colourful shrubs, passion fruit vines and fragrant blooming flowers that attract birds and butterflies by the dozens. In the cool of the evening, fireflies come out to dance to the tune of singing frogs.
There is no street parking, but there is ample grassy parking area inside enough for up to 10 cars.
Important to know:
Arrival time (check-in): 14:00.
Departure time (check-out): 12:00.
If there are no other guests checking in on the same day, villa guests can stay at the villa until 16:00 free of charge.
All events or parties with more than 20 participants should be approved in advance by the villa management and stipulated local village council fee will be applied. Please read carefully our terms & conditions before you finally confirm your booking and make deposit payment.
Pelangi Estate is conveniently located just a fifteen-minute drive (or a 40-minute walk) from the centre of Ubud, Bali's cultural and arts hub, made famous as the setting for the popular book/movie, 'Eat, Pray, Love'. Located in a beautiful Balinese jungle setting overlooking a tranquil pristine river, palm trees and rice fields, it is an ideal location for wellness retreats, yoga, detoxing escapes and family holidays.
Adventures abound in the surrounding area including the Elephant Safari Park in Taro village, whitewater rafting, hiking, bird watching, inner-tubing on the river and trekking in the rice fields. World class restaurants, art galleries, spas, and shopping are all nearby, and surfing, scuba diving and snorkelling, fishing, motor boat rentals and other water sports are about one hour drive away in the Sanur and Candidasa areas.
It's also about an hour's drive to the UNESCO protected geopark, located in the crater of the active Mt Batur volcano, with its breathtaking vistas of the caldera from the crater rim, centuries old sacred temples, and geothermal baths in the 'Toya Devasya' resort area.